Wellnostics has been dispatchedThis glucose meter arrived very quickly. Unfortunately, though there is a pack of strips included, the charge for replacement strips seems very high - equivalent price of the complete meter! It is suggested that further supplies could be ordered on prescription, but our pharmacist would be unlikely to accept this.
Wellnostics has been dispatchedGreat product(GlucoRx Nexus blood glucose monitor) Easy ordering , speedy delivery. Good communication . Will use again
Biocard Coeliac Self Test
- Whats in the Box?
Biocard Celiac Test - Coeliac Disease Test Kit is a rapid home test for the detection of coeliac disease from a fingertip blood sample.
Coeliac disease is a serious, lifelong, gastrointestinal disorder that can cause a wide spectrum of clinical symptoms, such as diarrhea, abdominal distension, weight loss, malnutrition and skin disorders, due to permanent intolerance to gluten. Gluten is a complex mixture of storage proteins found in wheat, barley and rye. By following a gluten free diet, these symptoms can be avoided.
Before taking the blood sample, prepare all the test components; the automatic lancet, the alcohol-soaked swab and the glass capillary.
- Open the tube containing the buffer by removing the cap. The take the test stick out of the aluminium sachet. When the aluminium sachet has been opened you should carry out the test within 10 minutes.
- Twist the grey cap until it bounces up.
- Continue to rotate the cap for at least 2 full rounds and then pull it out.
- Gently massage the fingertip then clean it with the alcohol-soaked swab. Leave until the finger is dry. Warming up your finger will make sample collection easier.
- Press the automatic lancet with the round opening firmly against the cleaned fingertip, and activate it with the button. The puncture is practically painless.
- Press a drop of blood out of the fingertip. Open the plastic vessel and remove with caution the glass capillary. Hold the glass capillary horizontally in the drop until it has completely filled.
- Place the filled glass capillary in the tube containing buffer and close the tube firmly with the cap. Shake the tube several times until the blood from the capillary is mixed completely with the buffer.
- Remove the cap of the buffer tube again and place the test stick in the buffer tube. The level of the buffer should not exceed the max-level indicated on the test stick. Avoid any reagent drops or foam on the sides of the tube. The test result can be read after 5 minutes. Remove the test stick from the buffer tube for reading.
Full and detailed instructions are included in the test kit. It is important to read these instructions before taking the test.
Interpreting your test result
The test result is positive if a red control line appears in the control field (C) and the light to dark red line forms in the test field.
The test result is negative if a red control line appears in the control field (C) and no red line forms in the test field (T).
- 1 x Aluminium pouch containing test.
- 1 x Vessel with a 10 ul glass capillary.
- 1 x Plaster.
- 1 x Instructions for use leaflet.
- 1 x Alcohol soaked swab.
- 1 x Lancet.
- 1 x Vial with 0.5ml sample dilution buffer.