- Every 7 minutes someone in the UK will have a heart attack.
- Every 12 minutes someone in the UK will have a stroke.
- 1.2 million men and 900,000 women are living with chronic angina.
- 20,000 new cases of angina and 25,000 new cases of heart failure are diagnosed.
- 1 million men and nearly 500,000 women are living with the after effects of a heart attack.
- 600,000 men and 600,000 women are living with the after effects of a stroke.
- Over 1.6 million men and over 1 million women are living with CHD.
- 800,000 people are living with heart failure.
- Overall CVD is estimated to cost the UK economy 19 billion - 46% direct healthcare costs, 34% productivity losses and 20% to informal care of people with CVD.
So Lets get Healthsmart and make sure you know your vitals.