5* rating 5* rating 5* rating 5* rating 5* rating
Wellnostics is rated 4.4 stars by Reviews.co.uk based on 137 buyer reviews reviews.co.uk logo

Imutest Allergy Check Self Test

  • Description
  • Instructions

Imutest Allergy Check is a rapid screening self-test which shows whether the level of allergy antibodies (IgE) in the blood are normal or raised.

Many 'allergy-like' symptoms are the result of non-allergy causes. Imutest Allergy Check can help confirm whether your symptoms are caused by a genuine (IgE) allergic reaction.

Confirm a Genuine Allergy: 

Many 'allergy-like' symptoms arise from non-allergy related causes (e.g. from a food intolerance rather than a genuine food allergy). Imutest Allergy Check can help confirm whether your symptoms are caused by a genuine allergic reaction.Imutest Allergy Check is a clinically proven  allergy blood test, just like those used in hospital laboratories, which detects IgE in the blood; it has been demonstrated to be as accurate as similar laboratory allergy tests. 

We have made this allergy screening test easy and safe to use at home. Your allergy test result will be available in 30 minutes or less.If your Allergy Check result is positive, information provided with the kit will help you find out which of the most common allergies could be triggering your allergy symptoms. If you wish, the specific allergy trigger may then be confirmed with one of our Imutest specific allergy tests ... Hay fever (grass pollen): Cat : Dust Mite : Milk : Egg.

Allergy Check is not suitable for children under 6 years old due to the fact that their immune systems are immature and levels of total IgE may be different to those of older children and adults.

If you do discover what you are sensitive to, you can confidently seek medical advice and/or take appropriate action to reduce or possibly eliminate your symptoms.

You can use Allergy Check at any time of the year and your result is not affected by medication

View Product Video

You can use Imutest to test yourself for an allergy in just 30 minutes. It's simple to use, just follow these steps:

1. Prick finger with the disposable lancet provided

Twist and remove the blue protective cover, place the white end against your fingertip and press the lancet gently until it clicks.

2. Use blood collection tube to collect a blood sample

Massage the finger towards the fingertip to form a hanging drop of blood; place the tube horizontally onto the drop of blood and let it automatically fill up to the mark.

3. Place blood sample onto the absorbent pad in the smaller well

Place the end of the tip into the bottom of the smaller well (blood drop symbol); the blood will absorb into the pad.

4. Pour Developer Solution into the test device; wait 15 minutes

Remove the screw top of the (pale blue coloured) Developer Solution and add the contents to the larger, unmarked well.

5. Activate the test result by pulling the blue slider completely out

After fifteen minutes, pull the blue slider, which allows a red-coloured visualising reagent to flow across the test window.

6. 15 minutes after pulling the slider, read your result

One or more result lines will appear adjacent to the symbols on the Imutest device.

Consult the Instructions For Use to determine the status of your Imutest result.

Skip to 2:30 on the video below

Customer Reviews

Place your own review on this product below

Customer Questions

Answered Questions

Name: Ani Barker
Q: Is this a single use kit? Thanks Ani

Hi Ani,

Yes this allergy test is to be used once only.

Thanks and please do come back to us if you need anything else.


Name: Katy Hooker
Q: Did this test do fruit and dairy allergy

Hi, for this you would need a food intolerance test which we do sell it's called Nutrismart. It can be found here: https://www.wellnostics.com/nutrismart-food-intolerance-test---30mins---57-foods

This test checks up to 57 foods.

However, we do also sell a milk allergy test if you have a specific need: https://www.wellnostics.com/milk-allergy-test


Name: Debora
Q: Hi, I would like to know if this test detects allergy to penicillin. Thanks Débora

It detects if you have an allergy to anything - it won't pinpoint whether the allergy is to penicillin. It would be best to speak to your GP about a skin test.

A Penicillin allergy is one of the most common drug allergies. Around one in every 15 people has an allergy to Penicillin.

Penicillin belongs to the antibiotic family. Antibiotics are medicines which are given to treat, and sometimes prevent, bacterial infections. The most commonly prescribed antibiotics in this family are Ampicillin and Amoxicillin. These antibiotics are relatively inexpensive and generally effective in the treatment of many common bacterial infections such as skin, ear, sinus and upper respiratory infections.

However, Penicillin is not effective against viruses such as the common cold.

Penicillin allergies develop largely because the immune system responds to the drug as if it were a harmful substance instead of a helpful remedy. An individual is not born allergic to Penicillin, but an allergy to the drug can develop only once an individual has been exposed to it and then re-exposure to Penicillin or related antibiotics at a later stage can then trigger an allergic reaction. Penicillin allergies are most commonly found in young adults, however reactions can occur at any age. Symptoms of an allergic reaction to penicillin may include:

  • Hives
  • Below-the-skin swelling
  • Asthma symptoms
  • Itchy eyes
  • Swollen lips – tongue and face

In very rare cases a person who is allergic to Penicillin may suffer an anaphylactic shock. This is a medical emergency and help should be sought immediately. An anaphylactic shock is an allergic reaction which occurs because the body's immune system reacts inappropriately in response to the presence of a substance that it wrongly perceives as a threat. Symptoms of anaphylactic shock may include difficulty breathing, hives, wheezing, dizziness, loss of consciousness, rapid or weak pulse, skin turning blue, diarrhoea, nausea, and vomiting. This will usually occur about 5 minutes to 2 hours after Penicillin has been taken. Other reactions can occur up to 2 to 3 days after taking the Penicillin and in some cases there can even be a delayed reaction several weeks later.

A Penicillin allergy can be diagnosed by taking a skin test. A tiny amount of the drug will be injected into the skin and that area will then be watched for signs of irritation. It is important that this test is done by a qualified healthcare professional in case of any severe reactions. A blood test called the specific IgE may also be used to check for an intolerance to Penicillin. However, a negative specific IgE blood test result does not necessarily exclude the possibility of a Penicillin allergy.

If you have been diagnosed with a Penicillin allergy there are many other types of antibiotics you can be given to treat infections. In addition, if you’ve had an allergic reaction to Penicillin in the past, the allergy may resolve itself over time; many people will lose their allergy to Penicillin. It may therefore be useful to be retested for the allergy at a later date.

If you are in any doubt about taking Penicillin, you will need to speak to your doctor or healthcare specialist who can provide you with the appropriate advice.

Sources used in writing this article are available on request

Name: Lisa
Q: Can i use this on my 3month old baby

No - We state that our Allergy Tests are not suitable for children under 6 years old due to the fact that their immune systems are immature and levels of total IgE may be different to those of older children and adults.

Can we suggest you visit your GP to get the appropriate advice.

Ask a question

Earn 0 reward points
£17.95 £14.96 Exc VAT £19.95 £16.63 Exc VAT
Out Of Stock
Add To Wishlist

The item has been added to your basket

Continue Shopping
Proceed To Checkout