Medigoo Lactose Intolerance Lab Test
- simple and reliable home test determining Lactose Intolerance;
- no extra hassle or several equipment involved, just a single painless swab to work with;
- you will get a reliable result without consulting your doctor first;
- Easy to use, non-invasive buccal test samples collection swabs.
- Safe and secure transport pouch to protect and provide a stable environment for the genetic sample during transport.
- Clear and easy to follow instructions on how to take the sample.
Simple and reliable genetic test determining Lactose Intolerance.
In Lactose Intolerance, body lacks the Lactase enzyme (LPH) that normally degrades lactose. This leads to stomach problems like bloating, pain, and diarrhoea, usually a couple of hours after eating. The lack of Lactase enzyme is caused by a single mutation in the sequence of the promoter region of the gene used as a template to produce the enzyme.
Since Lactose Intolerance can be detected only by a single change in the genetic sequence, the test is simple to perform and thus very reliable. Please see the references section if you want to know more.
If you have a C in both of your chromosomes in the specific spot in your genetic sequence, you will most probably have Lactose Intolerance. In this case, we will provide you instructions and guidance on how to take advantage of your result.
Teenagers may still have some active Lactase enzyme in their body, even if they have the C/C genotype. They all however develop Lactose Intolerance by the age of 20.
If the test shows that you do not have C/C genotype but the symptoms of hypolactasia still persist, you may have secondary changes in your epithelial cells caused by for example Celiac Disease.
Test type: Genetic test
Measured: 1-genotype C/C
Reliability: >99,99% accuracy, risk analysis Results: 2-3 weeks from quality assured Finnish laboratory
Expiry: 24 months